Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Seminars & Workshop
Sorry there are no videos yet
Why Choose this Course?
This course provides professionals with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to achieve outstanding organisational results. It covers the principle management and leadership concepts and competencies needed to formulate and execute strategy; how to create operational structures, systems, processes, and resources to execute the strategy; how to support front-line managers and employees by creating the conditions to help them succeed; and finally to actually lead and manage tactically on the front-lines. This includes the ability to motivate and inspire people on an individual and collective basis. The course integrates the most effective and efficient methods for building and leading dynamic, adaptable, and highly competitive teams and organisations.
This course will feature:
- Fundamentals of planning, execution, and progress/results measurement.
- Nested hierarchical planning, mission analysis, and mission leadership.
- The fundamental principles common to all types of leadership, and the characteristics proper to strategic, operational, and tactical leadership.
- Leadership Development Framework: How leaders develop, progress, and grow, and the techniques to foster this evolution.
- Selection and maintenance of the aim: Determining and communicating one’s vision and mission and their relation to intrinsic motivation, initiative, and transformational leadership at all levels of the business.
This comprehensive course consists of two modules which can be booked as a 10 Day Training event, or as individual, 5 Day courses.
Module 1 -Strategic Excellence
Module 2 -Effective Organisational Leadership
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the planning and execution framework at all levels of the organisation.
- Recognise and apply the concepts and principles of strategy, operational planning, and tactical execution.
- Create and maintain organisational structures, processes, and systems to ensure tactical, operational, and strategic success.
- Understand and apply the strategic, operational, and tactical leadership framework.
- Identify and assess linkages and interrelations of leadership with strategy, operations, organisation, and tactics.
Who is this Course for?
Executives, Entrepreneurs, and Managers who must build and lead dynamic and high performing teams and organisations in demanding, competitive conditions are encouraged to attend to this course.
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Line and functional Managers, Team Leaders and Supervisors in organisations of all sizes.
- Professionals responsible for strategy, marketing, business development, production, operations, HR, and/or product development.
- Intermediate and advanced level Managers, Team Leaders and Supervisors within all sectors, private and public, profit and not-for-profit.
How will this be Presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes speaker input, facilitated discussion, syndicate work and practical exercises, videos, self-tests, all with an emphasis on delegate involvement throughout.
The Course Content
Module 1: Strategic Excellence: From Strategic Vision to Tactical Execution
Day One: From Vision to Results: The Planning and Execution Framework
- Understanding the distinctions between strategy, operations, and tactics
- How planning and execution work
- How vision, mission, and planning relate to morale, cohesion, and unity of purpose
- Nested hierarchical planning
- Mission analysis and mission leadership
- Measuring progress and results
Day Two: Strategy: Setting the Vision and Direction
- Understanding vision, mission, objectives
- Corporate-level strategy
- Competitive strategy and positioning
- Offensive and defensive manoeuvres
Day Three: Operational Campaign Planning: Turning the Strategy into Actionable Plans
- Using nested hierarchical planning and mission analysis to create a campaign planning framework
- Understanding and applying key operational concepts: centre of gravity, main effort, concentration, economy of effort, major thrust(s), and supporting thrust(s)
- Working with limited resources: deciding what to do and why to do it
- Building a campaign plan to implement a strategy
- Successful manoeuvring and positioning
Day Four: Operational Systems and Processes: Setting the Conditions for Successful Execution of Strategy
- Strategy mapping and the components of organisational systems and processes
- The financial perspective
- The customer perspective
- The internal perspective: operations management, customer management, innovation, and regulatory & social processes
- The learning and growth perspective: developing and integrating human, informational, and organisational capital
Day Five: Tactics: Getting Results and Leading in the Face Competition and Obstacles
- Breaking objectives into manageable goals and tasks
- Giving direction efficiently and effectively
- Using and encouraging initiative, flexibility, and adaptation within overarching strategy, operational plans, and organisational structures and systems
- Managing for results
- Feedback and adjustment
Module 2: Effective Organisational Leadership
Day Six: Understanding the Leadership System and Leadership Development Framework
- Characteristics, commonalities, and differences of strategic, operational, and tactical leadership
- The relationship of the Leadership System to the Planning and Execution Framework
- Influence and motivation in a dynamic and competitive environment
- Leadership Development Framework: Understanding and applying action-logics and the stages of leadership development
- Relating the leadership development stages to strategic, operational, and tactical leadership
Day Seven: Tactical leadership: Front-line leadership to achieve the organisation’s mission, vision, and goals
- Characteristics and requirements of tactical leaders
- Expertise and technical competence as the basis of tactical leadership
- Leading from the front & setting the example
- Coaching and mentoring
- Developing others
- Supervision, assessment, and feedback
Day Eight: Operational leadership: Implementing the strategy by creating winning conditions for tactical leaders
- Characteristics and requirements of operational-level leaders
- Leading the institution and organisation, not just people
- Leading departments, divisions, and functions
- Cross-departmental leadership, cooperation, and influence
- Advising the top leadership
- Staff vs. line leadership
Day Nine: Strategic leadership: Formulating and communicating vision, mission, objectives, and strategy
- Characteristics and requirements of strategic leaders
- Strategic leadership of external stakeholders
- Strategic leadership of internal stakeholders
- When to micromanage
- Creating a strategy from the top down
Day Ten: Putting it all together: Creating a visionary and strategy-based organisation
- What is visionary leadership and how does it relate to strategic leadership?
- Creating a culture of vision, strategy and initiative, at all levels and throughout the organisation
- Creating a collaborative vision and strategy
- Anderson Certificate of Completion will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course.
- February 3, 2018 @ 9:00AM - 4:00PM