70B, Olorunlogbon Street, Anthony Village, Lagos State.
Sorry there are no videos yet
Injuries and illnesses occur in workplaces and thus it is important for every employer to have in place a basic first aid arrangement that caters for employees at all times in their workplaces.
This training program is designed to equip participants with the skills and knowledge required by “an appointed person” to be able to deal with an emergency until medical help is available.
At the end of this course participants will be able to;
- Understand and demonstrate to a level of competence all aspects of emergency first aid.
- Take immediate action upon encountering an accident or other medical emergency
- Acquire the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency of basic first aid
- Deal with emergency situations
- Know the limits of basic first aid
- Appreciate the human body structure and functions
This course will be delivered using a mixture of lectures, interactive sessions, demonstration, Class exercises, Scenario/Case study analysis and Practical Training session.
HSE Personnel, any person who has an interest in first aid skills or who is required to undertake the role of First Aider within his/her organization.
Two (2) Days
- General Principles
- Chain of Survival
- Scene Safety
- Responsibilities of First Aider in an Emergency
- Principles of First Aid
- Emergency Treatment
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Fainting and Unconsciousness
- Head and Spinal Injuries
- Chest Injuries
- Hand Injuries
- Multiple Injury Management
- Pelvic/Abdominal Injuries
- Environmental Illness and Injuries
- Eye Injuries
- Basic shock management Improvised bandages
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) techniques
- Understanding the Human body and its functionality
- Rescue and Transport of a Casualty
- Casualty Positioning
- Control of bleeding
- Appropriate measures in event of Burns and Scalds, and Accidents caused by Electricity
- Use of materials in a First Aid Kit
- Tools of First Aid
Angelus Consulting and Research Limited